Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Hello bloggers!

I want to apologize for not covering Christmas and New Years. Betty and I have both been sick. I had pneumonia and ran a temp from Nov 01 till Dec 23. I went through 3 rounds of antibiotics before my temp broke Dec 23. I am still coughing a lot but feel much better. We hope that you all had a Merry Christmas and are looking forward to a happy New Year.

What I want to know is, are you interested in having a series of how to make real Pro Grade Bar-B-Q?

There are no places that put that much time and effort into Bar-B-Q to sell, that I know of. I feel that I am qualified to teach you what you need to know to be competitive and the talk of the town of everyone that eats your BBQ. We will start from scratch and go all the way to the table.

I feel that I am qualified to do this because I have been Bar-B-Qing for 67 years. Have owned BBQ restaurants , catered BBQ , I am pit master for My Lil’ Red Barn Bar-B-Q Cooking team, A certified Judge for Kansas City Bar-B-Q- Society and The Memphis Bar-B-Q Network. I judged this year from Memphis to Maryland and was selected to judge the World Championship event at the Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg, TN, which is the best of the best. We had 14 foreign teams there. If there are enough people interested in it I will be glad to do it. What I would like for you to do is to tell everyone that you know that would be interested in this to drop a note to foodsofthesouthland at comcast dot net. About everyone likes to do ribs and chicken so we will start with them then go to Boston butts and whole shoulders and beef briskets and finally, whole hogs. Let us know!

No comments: